Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day Twenty-Six & Twenty-Seven *Inspired by a Pattern & Inspired by Artwork*

Day 26- I hadn't planned on doing this pattern for today's mani but I was browsing some art deco pictures online when I found this picture of Halsbury Chamblers in Napier (my hometown). As soon as a saw this picture I knew I wanted to use it for my nails, I love the colours and the depth of the pattern. I painted my nails white (Sally Hansen- Xtreme wear in White on) and used an old eyeliner brush to paint on the patten in BYS- Peach. The mani didn't turn out as well as I had hoped but it's still pretty.












Day 27- There were so many pictures I was inspired by for today, but I finally settled on Jackson Pollock's Lavender Mist. I didn't completely copy the style but as it says, its an inspiration. I painted all my nails white and then thinned down some black (Leiyu Turbo Colour in Black), taupe (OPI's You Don't Know Jacques) and gold (Sally Hansen-Crackle overcoat in Antique Gold) with a small amount of nail polish remover and then randomly dripped each colour over each nail, it's not too splattered like Lavender Mist but I still love it!




No comments:

Post a Comment