Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Twenty-One & Twenty-Two *Inspired by a Colour & Inspired by a Song*

Day 21- I had a few colours I wanted to use for this post but decided that Essie's- Masquerade Belle was the best name and it's such a pretty colour too!!! I had a masquerade party a few years ago and I have always liked cute masks so I thought I would do masks on my nails, I painted 2 coats of Masquerade Belle and then painted the tips with Rimmel's- I love lasting colour in Your Majesty and went around the edges of the mask with BYS black nail art polish. I think these are really cute and I'm very happy with them. I was also inspired by the mask I included.




Day 22- Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds by The Beatles is one of my favourite songs of all time, and I love the cover of it in Across the Universe so I decided to do something kind of trippy to go with the vibe of the song. I started off with 4 big blogs of different blue nail polishes (Chi Chi- Gimme Gimme a Man, Barry M- Navy, BYS- Matte Blue and Orly- It's Up to Blue) and swirled them together with a toothpick, while they were still wet I stuck little jewels randomly on surface and then let them dry. I used my $2 shop printing plate and printed pictures of cut diamonds with a silver polish on them. I then used silver glitter sprinkled over them and applied a fast drying top coat. I am very happy with these nails and wish I could have kept them on!

No comments:

Post a Comment