Monday, January 23, 2012

Day Nineteen & Twenty *Galaxies & Water Marbled*

Day 19- I have always liked Galaxy nails, I think they look more difficult than they actually are too. I think they are really simple to do but look so pretty. I started off by painting my nails black all over with Leiyu Turbo Colour in Black then sponged on Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear- White On, Butter London- Cheeky Chops, Essie's- Coat Azure, Chi Chi (soft coral shade, can't remember the name) and Sally Hansen's Sparkle around the edges to blend it out. I then added a few dots of white with a tooth pick and a few spots of Jay Jay's silver glitter and then topped it off with Sally Hansen's Mega Shine. Not really much else to say about these,  I think the picture speaks for itself.


Day 20- I was not looking forward to this at all!!! I have tried water marbling before and it is always the biggest fail!!!! But I decided I was going to tackle this one head on today and just do it and I think the results speak for themselves. My nails look like everyone elses!! I heard that Essie nail polishes worked really well so I decided to use my 3 brightest shades and give it a go. Firstly I painted my nails white all over with Sally Hansen's Xtreme Wear in White On (which is now starting to run out and go gloopy *sad face*) and then dripped Haute as Hello, Coat Azure and Chastity into a cup of water and you know how the rest of it goes. I used a new top coat (Sally Hansen's- Insta Dry) on these and it all funny over this manicure, there were a couple of water/air bubbles in the polish so I think that was the problem but it still looks ok to me. I have to thank my flatmate Polly for helping me with these otherwise it would have been a complete failure. I will upload a couple more days now so you can see my weekend nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment