Saturday, January 28, 2012

Day Twenty-Four & Twenty-Five *Inspired by a Book & Inspired by Fashion*

Day 24- A mouse took a stroll through the deep dark woods... One of my favourite stories of all time is the Gruffalo, it's so simple but one of the sweetest children's books ever!! I really love the way my Gruffalo nails look and I think these (with or without the Gruffalo) would make a really fun mani for a dress up party. I used a lot of different polishes for this manicure and mixed a couple of colours (OPI- You don't know Jacques and Essie- Lady Godvia) together to get the right 'Gruffalo' Brown, I also used Chi Chi- Gimme Gimme a Man for the sky and Avon-Nailwear Pro in Electric Green and LA Colors Mini in Green for the trees. The rest of the details on the Gruffalo were done with various nail art polishes. I finished this manicure off with Sally Hansen's Insta Dry which added a really pretty shine. I tried to paint a mini mouse onto my thumb's but it looked like a small splodge of nothing so I took that off.




Day 25- My all time favourite fashion designer is John Galliano, I know he has caused a lot of controversy over the last year but there is no denying how talented he is. When I was studying I did a presentation on his work and completely fell in love with his sense of style. I love the way he can make a completely crazy couture gown look so normal but stand out from everything around it. I chose to use a dress from his 2008 collection, I am not too sure which season it is but I love this dress!!! I painted 2 coats of OPI's- Lourve me, Lourve me not and then added multi coloured mini jewels to the end and applied a fast drying top coat to seal them together. I love this manicure I would love to wear this everyday but I feel it might be a bit much for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment